Saturday, June 19, 2010

ooo Updates.

I had a fabulous week. And next week will only get better cause Joel is coming!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Back to my fabulous week. It's so fabulous cause I met a new friend, I made plans with my mexican classmate, and someone offered to take me around Berkeley after I complained that it's boring.

***
I went to San Francisco alone on Wednesday night. I was super excited cause I had stayed in Berkeley for almost 2 weeks. There was a couchsurfing gathering on Wednesday night in an Irish Pub in North Beach, a place I haven't been to before. Someone sent me an invite after I updated my profile last week. I was psyched. Why didn't I think of couchsurfing before???

I would say that the attendees for such an event would most likely be
  1. Open-minded
    because they're on couch-surfing! Need I say more?
    They know the people they meet that night will be people from diverse backgrounds and are attending it to learn about them!
  2. Not lazy
    They made the effort to attend an event on Wednesday night. They didn't just hit the nearby bar.
  3. Interesting
    Couch-surfing members may have hosted or surfed. They often have done a lot of travelling too. You'll have fantastic stories and experiences to listen to!
As it turned out, I met quite a few interesting people there but only exchanged contacts with 2 girls by the end of the night. One of them is Marina. She's this awesome Russian girl who has been living in US for 3 years. She moved all around the place and finally settled in NYC. And she's here for only 1 week. so yesterday the both of us went about doing touristy stuff... which was so so fun! We walked around without a plan but somehow managed to cover the famous landmarks; sat down in parks to chat and enjoy the views and the people around; and by the end of the day found ourselves in Fisherman's Wharf enjoying the sunset.

I feel that it's not easy finding someone to go around places with. Firstly, I don't exactly warm up very very quickly with strangers. Secondly, even if the stranger is very nice, if he/she is of a different frequency, I won't totally feel at home and enjoy myself while exploring. But I felt no such problems with Marina! She's just totally fun to hang out with and we talk about the more serious things about life ever si casually and we seem to agree on quite a lot of stuff. So yesterday was aweeeesome.

Marina and I at Coit Tower
The tower was build by eccentric millionaire Lillie Hitchcock Coit to honour firefighters and resemble a giant hose.
It's been a while since the last jump shot :)




Second reason for the awesome week
I made a date with my classmates! I'm going cycling tomorrow! I was supposed to go to Golden Gate Bridge tomorrow with John and Andrew but now John's going to Sacramento so it'll just be me and Andrew. So the week will probably be even more awesome after tomorrow :)

Third reason for the awesome week
I went to T-Mobile to add credit and guess who I met. Tony.
Tony. Tony. Tony. The guy Frank and I bought our Sim Cards from...
I was joking with Frank that the whole world seem to have visited Golden Gate Bridge and maybe I should ask Tony to go with me. Cause when we bought our sim cards from Tony, he mentioned that he hasn't even walked the bridge even though he is from here.
So anyway, he asked me how everything was going and I gave him my honest reply... that it was boring in berkeley. I saw his face change.
hahaaa.. he was like nooo there are many interesting places to go! He gave me his number and invited me to hang out with him and his friends. I thought about it and told him I'm up for anything fun tonight. So let's see where we'll go. A local friend is always good.


okay. enough blogging and stoning. Although I'd really really like to waste some time watching a movie.... I really should start on my readings. It's so sad. I wonder how much I'll finish today.

hmm I feel like eating chocolate cake.

6 comments:

  1. i fear you wld have trouble adjusting to life in SG hahaha.

    ReplyDelete
  2. i'll just stick out just a little.. but then again, i've never really fit in. it'll be fine :)

    I'm up so early to search for directions for my bike trip today... only to realise my other friend cancelled on me!! :((

    ReplyDelete
  3. john said he had to go to sacramento for his cousin's bday. andrew's mum and sis made a surprise visit from mexico so he will accompany them the whole weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  4. ic.....how many more weeks there?

    ReplyDelete
  5. 4 more weeks in US.
    just when everything is falling into place...tear :(

    ReplyDelete