Today, Sean, Adeline, Shirlene and I took the tour up to Wine Country, and we met this Argentinian lady who is a professor back in Mexico, and like us, is spending her summer in Berkeley, only she's doing research on International relations. We had lunch with her and she was making conversation with me..
her: So, what subjects are in taking in Berkeley?
me: Dev psychology and human sexuality.
me: Dev psychology and human sexuality.
her: ahhhhhhh? that's interesting! what are you learning?
me: (I repeat the usual stuff)
her: I imagine there are a lot of differences since Berkeley is so diverse and the culture makes a lot of difference as to how we deal with this issue.
yada yada.
It's a great conversational topic. ok.
You know how when you're a freshman, when you meet new people in school, you'll ask "so which jc were you from??" Here, we ask "so what subjects are you doing in Berkeley?"
On thursday night at Kip's, I was sitting next to this guy(Jon's friend), Kevin and he turns to me to ask me that question. At that point I didn't even know his name. So I answered the USUAL. boring. And obviously he's intrigued.
On thursday night at Kip's, I was sitting next to this guy(Jon's friend), Kevin and he turns to me to ask me that question. At that point I didn't even know his name. So I answered the USUAL. boring. And obviously he's intrigued.
then I went on... "oh, we watched a video today. on breasts and penises"
I swear sometimes I don't think before I speak.
[side note: Maybe it was exam stress but I completely lost it with one of my professors last semester because my brain goes crazy sometimes. My prof likes sending us long conversational-style emails with a lot of unnecessary details. On our group project submission, he wrote something like " I love you but please do not swamp before class to submit your project". That was like the third time he said he loved us. So I got semi-annoyed and crossed at that instant and I REPLIED.
"Dear Prof,
With all due respect, how do you love us when you don't even know us"
Mistake. I regretted it for sure. But you know, he's nice. I don't think he took away marks for my lack of tack. He even wrote back and explained it was meant as a joke. And explained how Americans used the term loosely. ]
ok, back to Kevin.
So we were talking about boobs and penises before we knew each other's names. LOL.
I think he was stunned momentarily then he asked if we just used those terms freely in class... Apparently he's from Holland. And it's so free and open there so it shouldn't have been a problem. He's Asian though.. I don't know the story. He knows like a million languages. He started speaking Bahasa Indonesia midway through the night!
After talking about boobs, he asked what I wanted to do after graduation. It was probably just an ice breaker I know... but I absolutely hate this question. I'm still stumped. I'm finding my way... but still so unsure. And it doesn't help when you are asked this by a cute high-flying-semi-stranger. just kidding. ok, i'm not kidding. he is cute.
but that's not why i hate the question.
The guy is intense. He has graduated and is going to work for Morgan Stanley in August, yet he's still doing 8credits worth of courses in UCB. Before coming here he went backpacking for dunno how many months.. went to so many places I can't remember (NZ was one of them) and he went to Shanghai too...to study CHINESE. yeah, in 10 seconds, we were raving about muse and bar rouge. How the hell can Kip's compare. meh. haha!
BACK TO TOPIC
oh, so Gilroy prices are very very cheap... the sisters bought 2 coach bags and a purse for 200usd. Ninewest shoes were really cheap too... one was so gorgeous and comfortable but I managed to resist the urge to buy. I must say I did excellent that day... I did NOT swipe the credit card at all!!!! mind you, I was not carrying a lot of cash at all.
Today we went up north to Wine Country... at last!!!
Tried like 20 types of wine maybe. I bought 2 bottles. 1 for my dad and 1 for my ahma. yes, my ahma drinks wine. I bought her the muscat. haha. How will I bring it home? I'll decide later.
ok, i'm freaking tired! peaceout.
JUST BUY NINEWEST.
ReplyDeleteno i can't i can't! i can't bear shopping when i'm spending my parents money and they're back home working.
ReplyDeleteanyway my dear girl, your birthday is coming! anything i can ship from US for you? :) how will you celebrate it? i bought you and evi something here
YAY. THANKSSss. You Should Spend. Rationale: Ninewest is ten times more ex in SG and your investing in your future.
ReplyDeleteI'm investing in my future?! So that I can walk side by side with a very tall man? hahhahah
ReplyDeleteI will come back here when I'm earning my own money. WE can come back here in couple of years :)