Monday, June 14, 2010

My uneventful weekend

Sean, Samuel and the sisters drove up to Yosemite for the weekend. I decided not to go to save money for LA and Vegas instead.. I love mountains and waterfalls but I guess I've seen enough in China. I have got to prioritise right? How many Vegas-es and Disneylands are there? haha

I was supposed to spend Friday and Saturday studying for my Dev Psychology so I can go out on Sunday. I wanted to go back to Golden Gate Park for the Academy of Sciences BUT I was not productive at all on Friday. Joel and I decided to go to Denver, Colorado in the last 2 days that I'll be in the States so I spent a good period of time updating my couchsurfing profile and we're gonna do couchsurfing! Noshin will be coming too and she had her reservations about sleeping in a stranger's home but Joel managed to convince her that they won't be psychos or perverts. In any case, I managed to get a few favourable responses over the last 2 days which is awesome! I wish I have a couch to offer when I return home but I live in my parents' home and I have to abide by their rules.

So Friday, I wasted away. Saturday, I did my second homework and went through 2 out of 6 chapters. So today I will have to write my essays and go through the rest of the 4 chapters. I went jogging yesterday! The weather was just sooo good. I think I jogged for like 20 minutes or less and walked 20 minutes. lol. Exercising doesn't work for me cause I end up rewarding myself right after burning the calories and I think I end up eating more.

By yesterday I was at home for 2 days. Like home without any interaction with anyone... except for my room mate Lisa. I haven't seen Yeji in like 3-4 days. I hope she hasn't been kidnapped. She hardly comes home, it's difficult for me to look out for her safety. But hell, I am the foreigner in this place. She should be fine.

I was ready to get out after 2 days of home. I wanted to contact Jon cause I thought he might be heading down to San Fran but I didn't have his mobile number! :( Pocket had dinner date with her dance friends... I messaged Frank and he suggested we just have some beer in his dorm room. omg, no! how boring. I managed to get him out to catch a movie, and he managed to get Justin and Ivanka to come along. We watched Get Him To The Greek. So effing funny!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Then after that, Justin and Ivanka went back to study, and Frank and I went to meet Pocket. We went to Blakes. At last I managed to see the place. It sucks. It's practically empty. And the service is slow. And a scary looking man kept hey lady-ing me. He looked high. Probably from weed. The people here do it everywhere. I hate the smell of it. It kinda sucks here in the States... you HAVE to have your ID just to enter a bar. And of course, your ID has to show that you're above 21... and that gave Pocket some problems. I would have rather gone to Kip's after seeing Blakes but Kip's didn't even allow Pocket in.

Anyway, just for laughs...
Frank and I have come to an agreement. He says that the people here aren't very nice... like some of the girls have been quite bitchy. Come to think of it, maybe he's been approaching the really hot ones and they have the tendency to not give a shit about anyone since they're high in demand. When I was in Muse in Shanghai, there was a huge group of guys, and one woman who claimed that she is the wife of one of the guys. She came to talk to me, like woman-to-woman on behalf of one of the guys and I didn't have my guard up. Otherwise I would completely ignore guys in the club. They're always up to no good.

So what I learnt is... a man would do best with a wingwoman. lol. So I offered that to Frank. haha! I think I'd make an awesome wingwoman. and Frank's not an ass so I wouldn't mind helping him. I don't know how this will work out cause we hardly go out together and we're kinda running out of time. The bad thing about this is we have to go out in a group... like at least 2 more people otherwise everyone around us would think we're a couple hanging out. bleh. I would like Frank to be my wingman but he pointed out a guy with shaggy hair yesterday and gave me the cute guy alert. eww. I don't think I can trust his taste.

No comments:

Post a Comment