I was having cravings today.... and I remember there's a nice little bakery on Telegraph ave so after class I went there to get me some pastries! I'm not a doughnut person, but I couldn't resist getting one when there are sooooo many ginormous doughnuts and muffins staring at me from the refrigerator!
just a normal glazed doughnut. soooo good.
and i must say more satisfying than krispy kreme cause of its sheer size!
the only time i welcome american-sized portions is when it comes to cakes and desserts :)
blueberry muffin
orange poppy seed muffin
3 items= 4 bucks.
And this is the dish of the WEEK. lol.
Beef stew/soup.
I just fried onions till it caramelized, then added the beef, celery, sweet potatoes (should add it later though) and beef broth and covered it in water. Add the carrots after 1 hour.
No one ever adds sweet potatoes into stews, but I thought it was more healthy and sweeter than potatoes. so yeah..
On Saturday, I went to the Berkeley Farmer's Market. It's on Center Street. Opens from 10am-3pm. It's so cool. It's so makeshift. Like the owner's lorry or vehicle would be parked right behind the tables, and they sometimes have more stock in the vehicle. The whole vibe is just very hippie-ish. All the organic produce, and independent stalls. Very refreshing. :) It brightened my Saturday.
the orange poppy seed muffin sounds interesting....Beef Stew SOuP! i miss krispy kreme. Thanks for the photos!
ReplyDelete