hmm I don't know where to start...
It's early here. I woke up at 4am. I don't know why, I don't know how. I slept at 12.30am!
My back is tired and aching (I need to start yoga again) and my cough aint getting better... And I'm starting to freak myself out about my fall in Shanghai. I fell down at the overhead bridge in Shanghai and got a bruise... that still hasn't gone down in swelling despite my best efforts in rubbing it. Excuse my paranoia, but I've heard of stories of a fall one winter vacation, and the man became paralysed from waist down. okay, this is totally gonna freak my mum out.
SO anyway, getting back to subject...
Yesterday (after one very effective sleeping pill and 13 hours of sleep), I woke up at 7am to use the internet and slowly get ready to leave the house.
I left the apartment at around 8 and took a nice refreshing walk down Shattuck Ave. I managed to go beyond Walgreens this time ;) I found a second hand book store, saw lots of little restaurants and acquainted myself with the place.
Later I met this other group of Singaporeans Frank met inside Walgreens to go to San Francisco for a shopping trip :) We got to their apartment around 10am and they were cooking french toast and bacon. mmm. They had to run some errands in the morning so after everything, we reached SanFran around 1pm. We got off at the Powell BART station, had lunch in Carls Junior (first burger of the trip) then we split up and walked around the place.
Famous San Fran Tram!
They call it The Cable Car. haha
I love seeing American Flags everywhere.
This is a patriotic country
Saks of course
okay, I never should have gone into this place. lol
See the gradient?
GRASS
It could also have been their matching outfits.
Or both.
I like it that there are random people sitting on the grass (on a Friday - workday!) and doing their own thing. relaxing... and living :)
We met back at 6pm then after a while, walked to Chinatown for dinner..
Chinatown is known as 唐人街。
Until a couple of years ago, I thought it was called 牛车水all around the world. lol
Anyway, I'm going to get ready for Alcatraz Island and Fisherman's Wharf today. I have videos from Day 4. I just need to mash it up. Check back for it!
weiwei i didnt know u do yoga! i do yoga too!!
ReplyDeletewhere do u do yoga?
-wf
Try the chowder juz at the entrance of the wharf....and look out for those magnets tt look like real bread and icecreaam.
ReplyDeleteWanfong? I do it in Simei...at Meta association.
ReplyDeleteJingwei, I tried the chowder at the entrance too but it was the second level. I shall go back again when I'm 100% healthy for the fish&chips :)