Friday, May 21, 2010

Day 3: Grocery Shopping

I got out of the apartment early today! Managed to see the light of day.
The day and night temperature difference is pretty distinct. In the day, with sun, you can wear short sleeve shirts; without the sun, you need a jacket.

Anyway, I went to CVS Pharmacy just now and spent 80usd on toiletries, some make up, medication and food. There's no Walmart here, and that disappointed me a bit. But CVS is a pretty good substitute. It's cheaper than Walgreens at least!

And guess how much Herbal Essences cost here? It'd 2.99 for a 12 oz bottle. Note that everything I quote now is in USD unless otherwise mentioned. That's cheaper than Singapore right? It's been a while since I bought that brand cause I always thought it was quite expensive. Surprise surprise, I don't spend that much :) And make up here is super cheap. I'm going to load up before I return home.

I bought ramen from Walgreens yesterday. That's like our instant noodles. It's like the cheapest food in the US I think. 5 packets for 1.49. It's cheaper than in Singapore. I don't know why. But I guess it'll be quite a staple in my diet for the next 6-8 weeks. I just cooked that for my lunch today. Chicken flavour. Guess how it tastes like? Chicken Campbell soup. It's supposed to be good right? But I miss 出千一丁。 I don't know what are the exact chinese characters so excuse any 错别字!

I'm glad my house mates are Koreans... so there are chopsticks in the apartment :) And if you were speculating, there's Kimchi in the fridge, and they buy 辛拉面 by the box! lol.

I also bought one whole box of ziplock bags... getting ready to make sandwiches for lunch to bring to school. Am I overdoing it? But it really would cost so much if I eat out everyday! I'll see how it goes... Everything is so expensive here. I wonder how the American kids support themselves..I salute them!

1 comment: