Monday, May 24, 2010

Cost of food

I went to Andronico's just now... food here is really expensive. Looks like cooking my own food would only be slightly cheaper than eating out. And even that, I need to carefully select my food. The people here love their chicken breast. It's SO much more expensive than the drumstick. It's the reverse in Singapore (probably Asia in general).

Americans need to get their priorities right! Their alcohol is so cheap here...so is ice cream... but the food here is wayyyyy too expensive! I had to spend 2.99usd on 12 eggs! And 1.39 for a pack of beansprouts that would cost less than 1sgd back home. and that's without tax... oh yah, the tax here is almost 10%! Yesterday we had lunch at Fisherman's Wharf and since we were more than six people, they added a mandatory 18% service charge (which sucks... cause I would have only tipped 10%). On top of that, they added a 3.5% charge for some health fund... so 18+3.5+9.75... that's 31.25% on top of your original bill! SO FREAKING HIGH!

I just finished cooking my fried rice with egg +beansprouts on the side. It tasted awful. Man I can't cook. Beansprouts here tastes weird! lol. and there's no way to give my fried rice any wok hei when I cook with a heating coil and not with fire. bah. I also made a pot of pasta sauce for my dinner over the week... let's see how long I'll keep to cooking my meals! hahah

No comments:

Post a Comment